Anyone else have PKD and Factor 5 Leiden?

Connect with others who are living with PKD and share stories and encouragement.
Forum rules
Please note: This site contains user-submitted content, comments and opinions, and they do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the PKD Foundation. Information shared in the forums is not medical advice. Please consult your nephrologist or health care team for information and guidance specific to your health.
Vasta21

Anyone else have PKD and Factor 5 Leiden?

Postby Vasta21 » Sun May 11, 2014 9:33 am

Hello there!
I was diagnosed with PKD last Fall (age 21). I have known for a long time that I am heterozygous for factor 5 leiden; a blood-clotting disorder. They're both so common, I'm just wondering if there is someone like me out there? If so, can you tell me what your progress in PKD has been like? Maybe even more helpful, can you tell me what your pregnancy was like? They both cause pregnancies to be high-risk. I would need to give myself shots every day as it is (so as not to miscarry).

My husband and I don't know if we should even try for children at this point. I would just like to make an informed decision. There has to be someone else with this situation, right? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun May 11, 2014 9:33 am.

Return to Living with PKD

These discussion forums are owned and maintained by the PKD Foundation. To learn more visit pkdcure.org.