Warning: smz-tmp ds oral antibiotic

Connect with others who are living with PKD and share stories and encouragement.
Forum rules
Please note: This site contains user-submitted content, comments and opinions, and they do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the PKD Foundation. Information shared in the forums is not medical advice. Please consult your nephrologist or health care team for information and guidance specific to your health.
Andy

Warning: smz-tmp ds oral antibiotic

Postby Andy » Sun May 11, 2014 9:30 am

I am a 38 year old with pkd and currently my gfr is 25. I'm sharing this antibiotic drug with all of you to be careful and ask questions if prescribed. My doctors were unable to prove that this drug caused my severe case of necrotizing pancreatitis but I'm convinced. This was prescribed to me by a urologist after a procedure I had. I was stuck in a hospital for 45 days and had multiple laproscopic surgeries during my issue.

On a happier note, I thought I would share my dad's history with pkd. He's had his fair share of challenges but is also a medical marvel. He lost function at 41-42, started dialysis and then had a cadaver donor transplant which lasted 10 solid years. He then was able to receive a kidney from my brother at 52 to have his 2nd successful transplant. The bad news is he's back on dialysis now at 67 after 15 strong years from his second transplant.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun May 11, 2014 9:30 am.

Return to Living with PKD

These discussion forums are owned and maintained by the PKD Foundation. To learn more visit pkdcure.org.