organ enlargement

Connect with others who are living with PKD and share stories and encouragement.
Forum rules
Please note: This site contains user-submitted content, comments and opinions, and they do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the PKD Foundation. Information shared in the forums is not medical advice. Please consult your nephrologist or health care team for information and guidance specific to your health.
phoebe

organ enlargement

Postby phoebe » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:48 am

I'm female age 59 and have ADPKD with polycystic liver. My GFR is 25 so I still have decent kidney function. My current issue is that my kidneys and liver are so enlarged they are crowding my stomach, gut and impairing breathing. Also I have bilateral inguinal hernias due to kidney size. One neph. recommended removal of largest kidney and surgically reducing the size of my liver to create more room. Has anybody here had a similar experience? I've made an appt. w/ another neph. for a 2nd opinion but would like to talk w/ somebody in similar situation before considering such extreme measures. I still work full time and need to work 5 more years so I'm worried about that also.

Return to Living with PKD

These discussion forums are owned and maintained by the PKD Foundation. To learn more visit pkdcure.org.