Fast progression of the disease?

Connect with others who are living with PKD and share stories and encouragement.
Forum rules
Please note: This site contains user-submitted content, comments and opinions, and they do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the PKD Foundation. Information shared in the forums is not medical advice. Please consult your nephrologist or health care team for information and guidance specific to your health.
murtierrez

Fast progression of the disease?

Postby murtierrez » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:50 pm

Hello everybody,

I m a 30 year old ADPKD patient. My grandfather who had PKD had kidney failure when he was 70, my father who is 53 is still doing quite fine and my uncle who is 55 year old is okay too, his creatinine level is 1.4. My uncle has a creatinine level of 2.0 but 7 years ago his level was 1.21 according to his blood tests.

According to my last two bloodwork which are done in September 2016 and February 2017 my creatinine level is already 1.2! which is equal to my uncles when he was 45 years old! I am so scared right now and I think the disease progresses very fast in my body. I just wanted to see what your opinions are. I do not think this is a normal value as I think my family has Pkd-2 gene mutated rather than pkd-1 but then why did this progress this fast? Have you experienced this before?

Return to Living with PKD

These discussion forums are owned and maintained by the PKD Foundation. To learn more visit pkdcure.org.