Few issues- Help

Connect with others who are living with PKD and share stories and encouragement.
Forum rules
Please note: This site contains user-submitted content, comments and opinions, and they do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the PKD Foundation. Information shared in the forums is not medical advice. Please consult your nephrologist or health care team for information and guidance specific to your health.
Patmcm129

Few issues- Help

Postby Patmcm129 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:27 pm

So on Monday I got routine, 6 month checkup blood work done. GFR went from 59 in December to 32 on Monday, but urine counts are good, according to neph today. I did have a large meal of too much cooked meat about 2 hours or so before donating blood, which, through research I've read can impact numbers. My neph shot that theory down, and thinks that since I'm working out and eating better, cut 10lbs since last visit, maybe my BP is too low and I need to cut back on BP meds.

Anyone else had anything similar on either issue? Gave another blood sample today so we'll see tomorrow how that GFR turns out.

Return to Living with PKD

These discussion forums are owned and maintained by the PKD Foundation. To learn more visit pkdcure.org.