Are outter body cysts common

Connect with others who are living with PKD and share stories and encouragement.
Forum rules
Please note: This site contains user-submitted content, comments and opinions, and they do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the PKD Foundation. Information shared in the forums is not medical advice. Please consult your nephrologist or health care team for information and guidance specific to your health.
Valoma

Are outter body cysts common

Postby Valoma » Tue May 15, 2018 9:29 pm

I was diagnosed with PKD a little over a year ago. My Father has it, and although I am
The youngest of 4 I am the only one who has suffered complications leading to the testing process. (I had a rupture & was sent through the testing process)

Within the last 3 months or so, I have had a couple of small cysts appear on various parts of my body. We have recently moved so I am waiting to get into a new Nephrologist but I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of or experienced this? Can’t find much information relating the two online.

Mark

Re: Are outter body cysts common

Postby Mark » Sun May 27, 2018 3:41 pm

hi Val,
I have never heard of cysts outside of the body with PKD specifically. Maybe that is something else, like an unrelated growth?

Mark

Return to Living with PKD

These discussion forums are owned and maintained by the PKD Foundation. To learn more visit pkdcure.org.