searching for a kidney

Are you waiting to receive a transplant? Share your kidney transplant experience.
Forum rules
Please note: This site contains user-submitted content, comments and opinions, and they do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the PKD Foundation. Information shared in the forums is not medical advice. Please consult your nephrologist or health care team for information and guidance specific to your health.

searching for a kidney

Postby shortcut27851 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:36 am

I have recently been informed of a new website that will become available in MID _ May 2015 that has compiled a database of more than 186,000 living donors world wide. the company is called Organ Connector their website is www.organconnector.com.. for those of us who have a child that needs a kidney transplant we know we never give up searching for that maytch to save our child.... This new website is one more avenue to help us shorten the time on any waiting list.

Re: searching for a kidney

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:43 pm

I have a GFR of 24. When does one start the search for a live donor? I'm getting evaluated to see if I'm okay to have the transplant when and if I find someone.

Return to Preparing for a Kidney Transplant

These discussion forums are owned and maintained by the PKD Foundation. To learn more visit pkdcure.org.