What Motivates Attendance?

Share ideas, ask questions and connect with other Chapter, Walk, Education and Fundraising Coordinators.
Forum rules
Please note: This site contains user-submitted content, comments and opinions, and they do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the PKD Foundation. Information shared in the forums is not medical advice. Please consult your nephrologist or health care team for information and guidance specific to your health.

What Motivates Attendance?

Postby risa simon » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:48 am

Let's discuss ideas on how we can motivate greater attendance at our local meetings.
Risa Simon, Volunteer Phoenix Chapter Coordinator
Patient Mentor, Speaker, Author: "Shift Your Fate: Life-Changing Wisdom For Proactive Kidney Patients"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0578113635

Tele-Conference Meetings

Postby risa simon » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:00 pm

Has anyone held Chapter Meetings by Tele-Conference? I have had a couple and they went very well. I think our constituents like the concept of engaging in the comfort of their home, particularly when they live quite a distance from our central location. Love to know your thoughts.
Patient Mentor, Speaker, Author: "Shift Your Fate: Life-Changing Wisdom For Proactive Kidney Patients"

Re: What Motivates Attendance?

Postby Patti_SanAntonioWalk » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:05 am

Hi Risa,
I know that I have gone to teleconference call for my walk planning meetings and the attendance has been terrific. I usually give a couple of dates to planning committee members and then we go with the best choice. We do 2 teleconference calls in May and June and then a meeting at the walk site for last meeting. I believe this would be good for chapter events as people can call in from office, home, etc.
Patti O'Grady Ruffin
Volunteer Walk Coordinator
San Antonio Chapter

Tele-Conference Meetings

Postby risa simon » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:12 pm

Thanks Patti!
Great ideas and I agree, I do believe attendance is VERY GOOD with remote meetings. Though, they do need those repetitive reminders to call in. Thanks for sharing your experience Patti. :D

Re: What Motivates Attendance?

Postby karynwaxman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:48 pm

I love this idea....makes me wonder if this would be something we all could explore for support meetings? I certainly see benefit in being able to connect with folks with (1) crazy, busy schedules, (2) people who do not live close to one another, (3) those who might be too ill to participate any other way, and (4) those who might not have ready transportation to meetings. How can these be set up and arranged....just curious.
Volunteer Chapter Coordinator
Memphis Chapter

Return to Coordinators

These discussion forums are owned and maintained by the PKD Foundation. To learn more visit pkdcure.org.