Home dialysis

Conversations for those who are on dialysis, have been before or are getting ready to start.
Forum rules
Please note: This site contains user-submitted content, comments and opinions, and they do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the PKD Foundation. Information shared in the forums is not medical advice. Please consult your nephrologist or health care team for information and guidance specific to your health.

Home dialysis

Postby Keepthefaith » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:46 pm

I will likely need dialysis soon as I am still waiting/hoping for a donor match. Considering home dialysis vs. in-center. Any opinions/thoughts/experiences with both would be helpful.

How long will one live with stage 4 kidney failure?

Postby clairedavas » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:02 pm

If someone has suffering from stage 4 kidney failure, is it sure the patient will go to stage 4 kidney failure? What is the different between stage 4 & 5kidney failure?
I'm a prime example of the way kidney disease strikes silently.

Jean_George

Re: Home dialysis

Postby Jean_George » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:13 am

Hello all,
It's Jean, I have gone through the kidney dialysis. It's been more than a year, I was diagnosed with kidney problem in Stage 1 itself. And I think you can go through this website https://www.davita.in/stages-of-kidney-disease.php , DaVita is India's no.1 kidney care center. You can also contact DaVita at Tel : +91 90191 20000 or Email : Feedback.india@davita.com or visit the page https://www.davita.in/

Re: Home dialysis

Postby Diax45 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:38 pm

Low drain alarms

Hi I had a lot of low drain alarms and it turned out it was the low charge of the battery on the machine. Did you know a low battery charge on your machine can help cause low drain alarms? Keep machine plugged into a heavy duty surge protector during the day. DO NOT UNPLUG. Keep the surge protector on but the machine turned off during the day. The machine remains in the surge protector and is charged all day then at night I have no low drain alarms. Hope this helps someone. :)

Return to Living on Dialysis

These discussion forums are owned and maintained by the PKD Foundation. To learn more visit pkdcure.org.